[softwarelist] Re: OvationPro and memory allocation

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:25:50 +0100

In article <4e45c294d2chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could you amplify this a little. I have tried, and I see no flicker in
> either the Ovation Pro application task slot, or in the Ovation Pro
> dynamic area memory. This is both with a single document loaded, and
> several documents loaded. The application slot does sometimes increase by
> a 4K unit when a page reformat is caused by typing into the middle of the
> document, which has embedded pictures, but no flickering.

Using OvationPro v2.77 on a 512MB Iyonix with ROS 5.11, open a new OvPro
document.

Open 'Tasks' window.

Just type random gobbledegook into OvPro default page. The 'OvationPro'
application space constantly flickers by claiming and releasing an extra 4K.

Does it all the time here, so should be easily reproducible.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

51 things to do in a lift....
 7. Shave.