[softwarelist] Re: Insert page

  • From: ovationpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ovation Pro)
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:20:27 +0000

On Sun 21 Nov 2010 (14:20:52 +1100), pprewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> For example you have a two page document, you insert a page
>> after page 1. You might expect to have page 1, a blank page,
>> and then the old page 2. That's not what you get, the contents
>> of the old page 2 flow backwards into the newly inserted page.

 I would have thought that this was the expected behaviour when auto-flow is
switched on.

 If you wish to leave autoflow on just create a new frame on top of the page
which has flowed backwards. This will force the page back to where it was and
give you a frame to work on. This frame can be subdivided by superimposing new
frames.

 Sometimes a better way is to create separate chapters for the text before and
after the inserted page - but it is easy to be wise after the event!

 NB Auto page delete can be very confusing when you are adding pages - I
normally switch it off.
--
John Evans
Mijas Winchester