[softwarelist] Re: Converting documents to Quark

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:27:17 +0100

In message <200806130120.22487.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Boddie <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

The non-linked text problem or the interoperability with Quark problem?

Well both. I know I wrote OP so that you can't link two frames which both contain text - what a stupid limitation...

I suppose you'll either have to choose another intermediate format that can
keep the layout information

That format being?

Is there any chance the publisher can accept another format that Quark can
import fairly reliably?

Well yes. One reason I ask the question here is that it gives you a chance to say what you'd like, if I'm going to do any work it might as well be useful to everyone.

You might know what works well with Quark, or what would be useful in general.