[softwarelist] Re: Anyone into writing applets?

  • From: "Doug Thompson" <dougal99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:56:36 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Adams" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 8:33 PM
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Anyone into writing applets?

In message <60377D73E1B3432388E0FB763E792E05@DougLaptop>
         "Doug Thompson" <dougal99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got a trifle confused with my csv contents. If you are just adding dates
then the CSV file need only contain one record ie all the dates required
separated by commas. You then print as many copies as you need. However, if
you wish to add different data to each copy as well as the dates then you
would require the appropriate number of records, duplicating data as
required.

You don't need to alter the base date from that required, the formula [base
date cell]+n will give the required dates.

Merging two csv files ought to be possible in a spreadsheet by loading the
first file into the spreadsheet and then pasting a copy of the second csv
file to the right of the first. Mail merge can cope with the tags entered in
the target document out of sequence.

Hope this helps

It does, in that it's alerted me to a problem.

I print about 100 copies of this, using the Print Sheet option,
because it's a pamphlet. For mailmerge to work I need to print using
the mailmerge tool, but I don't think I can print single sheets that
way, only ranges of pages.

I think the use of the FIX option on mail merge may help, but only if you are using a 1 record CSV file. I only became awareof this reading the manual. Something I very rarely do! Basically read in the record, fix it and then go to Print Sheet.