[softwarelist] Re: Any Font thoughts please?

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:58:03 GMT

In message <50de36cb24dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fay wanted to write her Esperanto letters in Ovation Pro for RISC OS, but
> I cannot find a single RO Font that contains even some of the required
> characters.

> C and c with Circumflex.

> G and g with Circumflex

> J and j with Circumflex.

> S and S with Circumflex.

> U and u with Breve.

> So I guess two questions before we again forget RO and head for the Win PC
> and OvPro there.

> 1) Are there any known fonts for RO that contain the above noted?

The ROM fonts do - but you need to use Latin3 encoding:

Load XChars (Martin Würthner FREEWARE) and by clicking on the bottom
button to the right of the big letter 'A' above the grid of
characters, the different encodings may be obtained.
Mouse over a character and left-click; as if by magic that character
is inserted at the cursor.

Other Latin character sets are available should you so desire.

http://www.mw-software.com/software/xchars/xchars.html

Hope that helps.
Regards
Roger