[csdn-sa] Re: Action Items from 12 September

  • From: Brian Astill <bastill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: csdn-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:48:10 +0930

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 04:14, Ian Loxton wrote:

> Just checking my memory but did we agree on a fiver per CD or 'gold
> coin' donation if they provide their blanks?

Didn't we decide both.  $5 if we provide the CD(incl jewel case), gold coin if
they provide their own and we just burn.

> BTW, all the specs of Burners I could find talked of MTBF (Mean Time
> Before Failure) in terms of 60,000 hours to 100,000 hours.

Which is pretty useless information.  How many complete BURNS will it do
before failure?  I guess a CDROM would last longer just reading than it would
burning all the time?   Gee! those manufacturers are good at providing heaps
of data, none of which are actually useful.
Anyway ...  didn't someone at DSL's place work out that CDROM replacement
would work out at about 0.15c per burn?

--
Regards,
Brian

--
This is the Computer Software Distribution Network - SA