Re: [cpsig] Economics of replacing steam

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:40:37 -0500

I read Professor Godbys beautiful piece on dieselization he certainly has gone to great detail Thankyou . Now the American railroad I have always admired is Union Pacific for their steam engines, they are the only railroad that did not retire all their steam engines . 844 has never been retired but the 2-12-2,s the bull moose,s the challengers and even the mighty big boys all gave way to the diesel and Union Pacific had that great great coal fired turbine big blow , The Big Boys and Challengers were runnining in 1959 but there was a Steel strike in the United States business in North America was really hurt and what suffered the most was the steam engine . The diesel has conquered all .again thankyou professor for your excellent presentation . Maybe I would have stayed awake in economics class if they disscussed this as a topic REGARDS DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert W. Godby" <rgodby@xxxxxxxx>