[CTS] Re: Ubantu

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:30:22 -0700

weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I gotta catch up with John. He said Ubuntu logs on automatically to
upgrade but this hasn't attempted anything like that and I have no idea
where to start to do what ???
We'll see what happens..........

It does it once during the installation, but it doesn't do it automatically from then on unless you set something up to do it for you. I always work with apt from the command line (so familiar with it from work with servers), but there's a tool I hear is nice called Synaptic -- fire that up and poke around in there -- it should provide you with the security updates.

John

Got it John, thanks........

Connected it to DSL and re-installed. It fired off no problem.