[CTS] Re: Ubantu

  • From: weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:17:15 -0500

> I gotta catch up with John. He said Ubuntu logs on automatically to
> upgrade but this hasn't attempted anything like that and I have no idea
> where to start to do what ???
> We'll see what happens..........

It does it once during the installation, but it doesn't do it
automatically from then on unless you set something up to do it for you.
I always work with apt from the command line (so familiar with it from
work with servers), but there's a tool I hear is nice called Synaptic --
fire that up and poke around in there -- it should provide you with the
security updates.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm