[CTS] Re: Replacing monitor cable

  • From: Ray Roney <qix_68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:03:55 -0800 (PST)

How long is that voltage contained in the Capacitor?  I've always been careful
whenever i've opened up a TV or Monitor, but just never knew it was THAT kinda
zap-power! :)

Russ Blakeman <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: IF you can get the part (assuming you
mean the kind not detachable from the
outside) you need to open the case and be VERY careful of the stored
electricity in the tube - usually around 35,000 volts on the anode cap stuck
to the top - thick red wire with a big rubber cup insulator. Then it depends
on how it's attached inside - some are plug in some are individual snap on
points and many are solder downs to the main board.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm

Yahoo! Photos � Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we�ll bind it!

Yahoo! Photos