[CTS] Re: Replacing monitor cable

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:12:48 -0800

The problem is on the computer side. :-(  It doesn't look like it comes
apart very easily! In fact, (I could be wrong) it doesn't look like it
comes aprat at all, but they had to put it together some how huh? I have
this other monitor that has gone bad, although it is usuable in a pinch,
I might look at replacing the whole cable, but having never done this
before, I dunno! :-O

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:50:51 -0500, "Owens, Jack K." <Jack.Owens@xxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

OJK> It depends on which end the break is on, monitor side or computer side.
OJK> Tight quarters to replace and solder a 15 pin high density connector if
OJK> it is the computer end of the cable.  Much easier of a task if you have
OJK> the tools to crimp the pins on the end of the wire and then insert into
OJK> the connecter.  Monitor end of the cable is not normally much of a
OJK> problem, but also not normally where the break occurs unless the monitor
OJK> is pushed back against something like a wall.
OJK>
OJK> vr
OJK> Jack

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm