[CTS] Re: Replacing monitor cable

  • From: Hal <hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:33:18 -0500

This is a good one for Russ, but if you are careful, this should not be that hard to do. Assuming you have a CRT, be (damned!) careful of high voltage from the tube. Otherwise, just remove the cover on the monitor and check the connections. They used to be soldered on TV sets, and I haven't opened a monitor for several years. Once you pull the cover you will see how things are connected.

In my workshop I have a monitor that runs 24/7. The cord/switch went out years ago, and I just "fixed" it so I can use it to build/repair computers.

Hal

On 1/20/2006 7:39 AM, Charles R. Buchanan duly noted:
Is it hard to replace these things? It seems I have a losse wire (or two)
on one of my monitors. You wiggle it, the screen turns from Red to Blue
to Yellow. :-O I think it turned green on time.

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm