[CTS] Re: Replacing monitor cable

  • From: "Owens, Jack K." <Jack.Owens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:50:51 -0500

It depends on which end the break is on, monitor side or computer side.
Tight quarters to replace and solder a 15 pin high density connector if
it is the computer end of the cable.  Much easier of a task if you have
the tools to crimp the pins on the end of the wire and then insert into
the connecter.  Monitor end of the cable is not normally much of a
problem, but also not normally where the break occurs unless the monitor
is pushed back against something like a wall.

vr
Jack