[CTS] Re: DVD burner ? RSS news reader ?

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:58:57 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/2005 11:29:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davist@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> CDRW's still are limited to 650mb

     They are?  Most of the one's I buy are 700.  I like longer recording
times, so I specifically hunt down 700mb cd's.  I hardly ever use 650's unless
the project I'm recording is only 74.5 minutes long, or less.  Again, no point
in using a 700 when a 650 will suffice.
     I bought a 1.7 gb cd over a year ago, but I still haven't even opened it
up.  After I bought it, Sony told me that I needed special equipment to be
able to use it.  I have yet to see this equipment available.
     On second thought, now that I think of it, and this clears up the HDD
thing I talked about earlier (this whole Kelly thing I've been dealing with has
actually made me forget some things that I had no problem remembering before),
I think I actually DID open it up, and it says on the label that it needs to
be used on an HDD drive only.  Well, the DVD drive IS an HDD drive, but the
1.7 gb cd STILL won't work in it!  Now I remember what HDD is.  High Density
Drive.