[CTS] Re: BREAKING NEWS: Two Arrested In Connection With London Bombings

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:38:55 -0500

Same here with being what was called "AP" (Air Police) back in your
day...they since split into two groups - security police (rivet counters
that guard "assets") and Law Enforcement (next closest thing to a regular
civilian cop - domestics, B&E, thefts, burlgaries, armed robbery,
confinement, traffic, etc). I was in Law Enforcement - started as a
"volunteer" (we all know how that goes) in LE augmentee program and was the
only one allowed a patrol without a real LEO and once the regulars went to
the middle east we were made permanent and since I was E6 and the regular LE
flight chief was E5 I outranked him and actually took his job - did desk,
patrol, armory, riot control (we had a few minors becuase of Desert Storm
and having a college nearby) and all the neat stuff they do until they
pulled us back to our regular squadrons to close up, pack up and go onto our
next base. I grew up as a cop's kid so not only did I know much of the job
anyway and had a feel for things (which is why I was the only augee that was
given a regular patrol on his own) I also fit right in and didn't whine
about the weird hours, crap that people gave us, etc. Drunks were fun -
nothing like hading them a bucket to clean the cell they puked in before
their commander picked them up. Also had to know both the Moranda for
civilians and the military rights card for active duty - not much different
but different enough to make a need for two. Even got to go with another LE
twice to get a poor widdo AWOL nitwit that thought it was so hard going to
boot camp and decided to run back to mommy's apron strings. Geesh what
morons - wouldn't doubt it a bit if most of them that do that end up as
managers in fast food places.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm