[COMP] Re: computer becoming slow

  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:06:36 -0500

>             I have a P II-333,32 mb RAM,4.3 GB running WIN 95.Its been one
> year i bought this computer.The performance was good I mean the speed at the
> begenning was good.But its worst now.Program startup is very slow.Sometimes
> it even doesnt get runned showing the message -- machine doesnt have enough
> memory to run the program and close all other program.Well all programs are
> already closed.My hard disk is partioned into two C and D. I have 189 mb and
> 290 mb of space left in C and  D drive respectively.I have a lot of software
> installed.Someone keep saying to me that it is due to the temporary internet
> files that my system is behaving to me in this way.Delete it all.

This may seem drastic, but it sounds like it's time to format your
machine and reinstall everything from scratch.  This isn't always the
easiest thing to do, but we can help you out...  Have a look here to get
started:

http://avenir.dhs.org/articles/software/formatoften.html

The rule with windows is a format and reinstall every year, so it may be
your time. Others may have quicker fixes to tide you over though...

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web: http://avenir.dhs.org