[COMP] Re: Maxtor Hard Drive Problems

  • From: Shane McKeown <shane_mckeown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:06:23 -0800 (PST)

But will this make any difference since the BIOS will
still only see the first 33GB of the drive?
No matter which mode (LBA, LARGE, AUTO) I use in the
BIOS settings to access the drive, the largest it will
see is 33512MB.
I take it motherboard manufacturers do not quote
how large a disk their BIOS will recognise for a
particular board, yes?

Shane

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com