[COMP] Re: Admin: Privacy issues

  • To: computers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:06:23 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/00 12:02:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< And under unix, we call them
 "scripts" because "batch file" is an insult to one's foo zen. =) >>

one's "foo zen"?        I'm not even gonna go there.....

suficite to say dos uses one command interpreter, and unix uses many.
ok, that makes sense, to execute anything one would have to have a command
interpreter....didnt think of it that way <scratching head, taking it all in>

Ok you said "scripts" are a unix thing, there is under win9x "windows
scripting hosts" (which I wanna do cause i can make speed disk go off at 3am-
but someone still has to hit enter to actually make it run)
AND mirc clients are called scripts.....now Im a little confused...

Ok- win9x uses emulators <thinking aloud> java is emulated, stuff like that,
there is C and mircosoft's version of C, those are emulations of the "real
thing" that will run under win9x?
Is that what scripts are/do under win9x?
or am I way off base here.
Thanks,
David

Get computer help: http://avenir.dhs.org