[ciphershed] Re: Transparency

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 09:30:56 -0400

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
<compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Several people voiced their concern about a recent issue on IRC, and I
> feel with them.
>
> One of our most important principles was to be transparency. However,
> these days Jos and Bill have had private, non-transparent conversations
> on the future of TCNext and CipherShed. To my knowledge they even have
> started speaking to a lawyer(?). While I am certain that Bills
> intentions are purely good, I am not so certain about Jos.
>
> I think this is a no-go. I would like to tell Jos that any future
> dialogue will either be transparent or not take place. While I do see
> that dialogue with TCNext is important, it is not worth undermining our
> principles.
>
> I hope Bill can understand what I am talking about.
>
> What do the others think?

I agree completely. I was going to write a similar post to the list
last night, but I didn't get a chance to do so.

http://forum.truecrypt.ch/t/working-with-ciphershed/22/18

The reference to "a bit that Jos wants confidential" and "less than
100%" forthcoming makes me uneasy. A few posts down in that thread,
Jos said we can "listen in" the next time him and Bill talk. Honestly,
that's not enough. Information needs to be posted to the mailing list.
I don't use Skype.