[ciphershed] Re: Transparency

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:32:24 +0800

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:55:20 +0100
PID0 <p1dz3r0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just to add: what better way do you think a government agency would have
> to disrupt a TC replacement than by simply having a few people object to
> a decision? Restarting the whole consultation process again. The project
> would slowly die off as users/devs got frustrated at the lack of
> progress and left, it'd just look like it died of internal politics
> (which it would have).

This is the single thing that bugs me the most.

Pid0: you have some good arguments, the last one--as Alain put
it--particularly hit the nail on the head.

Although I do not agree with some of the arguments in general, much of
that doubt is being convinced by the problem of the last paragraph. As
I already indicated in my last mail, I believe it could be a fitting
solution to elect a large enough PMC, preferrably without a chair.The
question arises though, how to nominate, elect, and how often to
re-elect. Also I wonder if the PMC is supposed to have complete power
over the project. This reminds me of the parliamentary chaos from
state-politics we see so often.

This needs more input, also from other core members (e.g. Stephen,
Bill, Frank etc.).

--
Niklas

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my
assets.