[ciphershed] Social Networking Again

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 14:21:54 -0400

The differing opinions between group members on Bill's YouTube video
has demonstrated the exact points I made when I voiced my opinion
against social networking accounts.

Quoted from Niklas:
"I received some bewildered questions / comments concerning the video"

The problem with all these social networking accounts, is, as I said
before, communication. I did not see any questions or comments
regarding the video whatsoever. I don't know if they were in PM to the
YouTube or Twitter account or somewhere else. It's segregating
information and communication, and I think that it will put a damper
on communication as a whole in the project.

Also, as I brought up before as well, the fact that multiple people
manage multiple accounts. Bill posted something, but then Niklas
removed it (this was communicated and was polite, but that's not the
point). There's no consistancy. I don't want the whole project to be
one person cleaning up after another. I do that enough at my job :-P

I don't mean to be negative in the last few messages I sent on the
list. I've done some thinking about this and just wanted to share my
opinions on the subject.