[ciphershed] Re: First YouTube warrant canary?

  • From: Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 14:18:45 -0400

Well that's kinda what i'm saying, but without driving to meet people.
all you have to do is get in a skype call or something and you can see
right there who you're talking to.

On 06/09/2014 02:15 PM, Stephen R Guglielmo wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Kyle Marek <psppsn96@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What if the members represent each other? Like maybe whatever group of us
>> that's awake exchange canaries, and then multiple members of that group who
>> just so happen to be available when the next group awakens confirms the
>> first group's canaries while exchanging canaries in the second group?
> Hoenstly, I think you guys are significantly over-thinking this. I
> have no interest in making video or audio recordings, let alone the
> means to do so (no webcam or microphone). I could use my cell phone to
> do so, but it would then export in a weird file format (file.3gp?). I
> would be fine meeting people around me (I believe Bill is within a few
> hours driving time) and verifying their identity and ownership of
> their public key, then signing it. I'm also writing a perl script that
> generates a secure warrant canary output.

    At the time of sending this message, I have not been contacted by
any government official or worker regarding my participation in
CipherShed or any related project. I have not been asked to supply any
information to them that may be used to impersonate me nor have I been
asked to aid the government or it's officials or workers in modifying
part of CipherShed or any related project. I am not aware of any of my
property or anything regarding me being bugged, searched, or compromised
in any way. Anything that accepts PGP encryption or signing should have
been cryptographically secured with my PGP key.