[ciphershed] Re: Mumble voice chat with Jos at 3PM EST

  • From: "Alain Forget" <aforget@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ciphershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:42:23 -0400

I really think being ready by Saturday is really just not possible, between the
72-hour rule and the number of important action items the PMC need to deal with
just to get organised, including:

* private (?) mailing list
* voting mechanism
* decide on the PMC chair policy
* come to a clear/formal/explicit consensus on CipherShed's and the PMC's
mandate
* clearly/explicitly define the QA team's role
* elect QA team members
* figure out what needs to be prepped/organised for the influx of contributors
we're soon to have
* other stuff I/we haven't thought of, lost track of, or that we'll discover
along the way

I'd love to hit the ground running and make super-fast progress, but there's
just no way I see all this getting done by Saturday, unless the PMC can somehow
have an über productive synchronised (e.g., Mumble/TeamSpeak) meeting.

On the note of voice chat meetings, I agree with Stephen that they should be
avoided whenever possible, for the purposes of inclusion and transparency.
However, when there are a long list of items that we want to discuss, address,
and (hopefully) resolve in a short period of time, they can be a lot faster and
efficient than going back and forth over e-mail. However, that speed and
efficiency comes at the cost of some transparency and a risk of leaving other
out who couldn't make the call. It's a trade-off that I don't have a good
answer for.

If the call with Jos is going to go-ahead, my schedule is relatively flexible,
so it's probably easier if you/others suggest times, and if one doesn't work
for me, I'll let you know. I'm fine with almost all of the times Jos suggested.

Alain