[chaoscope] Re: wish list (shortcuts)

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:30:45 +0100

Hi Sharon, hello all,

I know that you haven't heard from me since I volunteered to beta test
Chaoscope for you...way back when! I was diagnosed with some usually
fatal stuff and have been very busy fighting the good fight, so have
necessarily been away from my beloved computer for way too long now!

I just went to the Chaoscope site to download the latest version, so
that I can play with all of your new "Bells and Whistles" when I can,
but I'm hearing some "Rumors" that there is yet another, newer version
available somewhere...was hoping that I could talk you in to letting me
in on the "Secret" stash, please?

The latest official public version is 0.2.1.

The "rumors" you've heard are most likely about the 0.3 alpha version. The binaries have been sent by email to a few volunteers. That first testing campaign wasn't as successful as I'd have hoped it to be, I received very little feedback. 0.3 alpha introduced the new preview and a couple of minor additions. A second alpha, which included view resizing and zooming, was distributed to an even smaller number of testers.

Of course, if these are just a few blowhards bragging on what they have
that we don't (happens everywhere mow-a days) thanks for just reading my
plea and thanks for all the work you do for us for free! You have an
entirely too generous soul! :-))

Don't mention it!

I guess what motivated *some* of the early testers was to get their hands on an improved version of Chaoscope with disregard to what was expected of them, namely reporting bugs. Getting "online credentials" from owning a private version of the program must have been part of it as well. Not to worry!

Be well and happy,

Same to you Sharon, indeed!

Nicolas Desprez