[chaoscope] wish list

  • From: grumps <grumps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:53:09 +0800

Just a wish for next version if possible. How about remapping a couple
of keys please to get away from the F3 mistake. Normally when it
happens I just shrug it off and think I'll come across the same one
again one day/month/year/century, but was on to something interesting
in unravel, went to hit F4 and got the dreaded F3 again. Yes I know
we've been told about it, but some of us have disabilities, that one
has no control over (mine is mutiple sclerosis), and sometimes the
hands shake when they should have shook.

Anyway, no great loss, was only a whole bunch of 0's & 1's (one way of
looking at it to keep the sanity in check). A workaround for this for
those that may have similar problems or are interested, is to get a
keyboard remapping program. I've set up one for me and now run it when
I use chaoscope to help avoid the problem. Just takes a bit of
retraining in the head to get used to it. My setup is as follows;
F5=F4, F6=F5 & F7=F6. Kept them in the same left to right order so it
won't be to confusing. Now have a big gap between the render key and
the random search key.

Hope this is of some help.

grumps