[chaoscope] max resolution?

  • From: James Kimball <jamesstudiogallery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:04:17 -0600

Hi Everyone....

Is it my system, or is there a max resolution set about 4000 pixels?
(I tried 8000 but it choked, dropped to 6000 and it choked, but 4000
worked).

for doing high res large size prints it would be nice to have a little
more headroom.  I realize with the dpi of murals its not critical but
I have a thing for sharpness even up close. :-)

I been doing lots of experimenting and I have to say that I'm not
seeing an end to the excitement, inspiration, and possibilities of
this.

I did experiment with the color grad programs but only 1 worked of the
3.  And it seemed like a sort of hack app... it worked, but didn't
give me warm fuzzies like chaoscope does.  I look forward to it being
part of the program for one nonstop creative experience.

Another idea I've had for the program is to have it generate a faux
bump... user defines specularity (can be illusionary but Phong or
Blinn would be nice)... the bump could be based on color channels that
the user has control over.. bump the red green or blue channels... I
guess not unlike rendering lighting effects in photoshop.  Of course
this opens up the headache on the programming side of things as to
"where" is the light source?  to keep it simple for starters it could
default to upper left, and over time add user control to move the
light source and pic the type of light (hard/soft shading,
spot/distant/omni lights, color, etc)

I LOVE the realtime feedback of the sliders HATS OFF to you for that
feature!!  Thank you.

This program has made my jaw drop quite a few times with the things
that I've made with it.  I'm super impressed.

James