[chaoscope] Re: Using chaoscope in graphic design

  • From: "Taylor Eshelman" <tae6h@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:50:47 -0600

As Neil noted yesterday, I goofed in that writeup; you've got to pick complementary colors for your palette reversal (which may mean building a gradient text file with RGB values that you want); the right click thing I wrote about just reverses the direction of the color gradient, not the color values. (Which is itself useful, but not the same thing.)

As for PaintShopPro, I'm not sure, but it would surprise me if it doesn't have some sort of color inversion command.

Taylor

From: Christian Weiß <cweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [chaoscope] Re: Using chaoscope in graphic design
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:47:10 +0200

Thank you for the information Taylor.
One question: could this be done with PaintShopPro also?

In Chaoscope, right click on the gradient you're using (the color and the speed, when relevant), and select Reverse. Render as normal, and then take it into Photoshop and invert the colors. That should do it. ;D

Sweet work, Sham! I'm a designer too, and have used Chaoscope renders often. It's a sweet way to punch in some interesting shapes.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/index.php?showtopic=25
is my latest example. It's not as interesting as some of the stuff you two have produced, but I really love using Chaoscope in design.

Taylor

From: Christian Weiß <cweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:52:20 +0200

Hello Sham,

To change the chaoscape patterns so that they use a white background, I've simply inverted the whole image, then colour corrected the main pattern in Photoshop (a good trick if you dont want to invert the pattern colours - but you DO want to invert the background to white - is to create an inverted color gradient for your renders... that way when you invert, you get back to the original colours but on a white background).
That sounds interesting.
Do you want to give some more informations?
I would like to now how I can create an inverted color gradient.

Best regards

Christian