[chaoscope] Re: Render restrictions (and dev update)

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:12:26 +0000

Hi Sara, hello all,

Many thanks, Nicolas. Out of interest, I'm attaching an image of some of the
fantasy eyes I've made using Chaoscope set to "icon" and plasma rendering,
and F3-ing until suitable circular patterns appear. The model is Victoria
from www.daz3d.com

Very nice! In the future though, if you want to feature any of your works on the mailing-list, please insert a URL rather than an image so that subscribers have the choice to download it or not, especially if the image doesn't illustrate an issue or bug. Fantastic work nonetheless!

Is there any chance that there will be additional file types for saving the
images? It would be very useful to be able to save with an alpha channel
(tif or psd, for example).

I'm thinking of PNG. Until it's implemented, I'll let you save the alpha channel (as well as the z-buffer) separately as a BMP. However, I don't see how it could be essential except for the Solid mode. It's a five seconds job on Photoshop to add transparency for any attractor rendered in Gas, Liquid, Light or Plasma : copy the whole layer, add a fusion mask to it, paste the image into it, job done! You can also make a second render in Gas or Liquid, the brighter the more opacity you'll get.

Nicolas Desprez