[chaoscope] Posting pics, solid mode colors, self-made formulas

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:55:03 +0100

Hi all, hello Charles,

thanks to Paul and Grumps for their quick answers.

All attachments, including images, are limited to 150Kb in size (it is mentioned in your welcome email). This is to ensure subscribers mailboxes won't be stuffed with very large emails. Your image was only twice the allowed size. We've had subscribers posting BMPs before which were the size of the entire Google storage facilities.

You will have control over Solid mode colors in 0.3: Background, ambient, primary, secondary and specular colors will be editable manually using Windows color picker. There won't be a way to directly modify the lights, apart from getting a new random set by pressing Ctrl+R or editing the project file once it's been saved.

Self-made formulas (equation editor) is a long way away. An equation plugin SDK will be introduced first, although I don't know when yet. It will be intended for hardcore users with a bit of programming experience. (i.e. you will need a C compiler of some sort)

Beta testing isn't officially over although it feels like it. :-)

Nicolas Desprez