<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V4 #22

  • From: "Casolai !" <casolai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:03:04 -0500

Hello, I'm new to the list.

I collect IBM PS/2's and the older ones are not really suitable for win95,
so win31 with calmira is a great choice for me. I like the win95 interface
much better than the original win31 gui. My most elaborate install of 3.1 is
currently on a model 8557 with 486slc2 cpu. It has 29 program groups, and
all the bazillion updates I can find online for 3.1. There are a lot more
than I ever realized until about a month ago. I noticed that when I started
getting a lot of program groups, and I try to edit the start menu with
calmira as the shell, I get a EGPF. Have any of you got this problem?
Sometimes I can edit it once, but if I go back and try to edit it again
without restarting, I get an Execption-GPF every time. The last few updates
I had loaded were the 3d controls files, and the MS program called "memory
valet" I think its called. Maybe they are somehow interfering with calmira.
I'm also using syshook. The system has 16meg ram

Anyway, thanks for any idea's, and nice to meet the other folks that like
Calmira!  :)

Casolai