<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V4 #22

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 06:21:43 -0500

On Mar 2003 15:33:40 -0500, Nita Cantrell <cantrella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm a little concerned that once I load calmira on the machine I won't
> be able to do some of the things in file mgr. that I did before....

Even after you've installed Windows 9x or NT, you can still use File
Manager. And although Windows XP doesn't include a File Manager, and
can't run the winfile.exe that comes with Windows 9x, it can run the
winfile.exe that comes with Windows NT 4.0. (It can also run
winfile.exe from Windows 3.0 (not 3.1), but that could mess up long
file names.) So you never have to give up File Manager--not yet.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ