<CT> Re: Windes 2000

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:42:58 -0700 (MST)

On Jan 25, MOY, WILLIAM did the following thing upon the keyboard:

>In connection with LFN and older CPUs, I read that there may be a link
>between Calmira and Windes 2000, a Win95 clone that can run on 286s.
>Searching the web doesn't show Maniasoft in a good light.  Does any one on
>the list have experience with this program?  In particular, does it allow
>for LFNs? -assuming a Win95 clone should, -just want to confirm.  Also does
>it need to boot to some kind of DOS7 (will it work through lower versions of
>DOS.)  Please reply to me if you think this is too off-topic, but I think
>anyone running Calmira would be interested.  -Bill

LOL... I do remember Maniasoft and Windes 2000 well... I got this email
from them one day and they wanted to buy out Calmira saying that they
couldn't possibly compete against it... Then they mentioned a figure
that quite startled me...

But I turned them down for some very good reasons...

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden