<CT> Re: Media Replacement

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:54:33 +0100

> Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:46:43 -0500
> From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Media Replacement

> Hey, Is anyone else in the same predicament as me?
> When I have to reinstall, I first have to get out my set of 5.25"
> floppies to install the core of 3.1 then install over it WFW 3.11...

> Those floppies are terribly old and aren't renown for their reliability,

Then why don't you get a disk imager? If you find a reasonable oné that
apart from the usual 3.5" and 5.25" formats also supports making disk
images from disks in B:, I'd also be interested in it :).

> not to mention the un-availibility of replacement drives should the one
> I am using fail. =\

Floppy drives are usually very reliable - the only problem I could
imagine would be tracking problems.

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)