<CT> Re: Media Replacement

  • From: "Bob C." <bob_c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:57:44 -0500

Like many of you, I end up doing a lot of fresh installs and re-installs of
Win3.1 and WFW3.11 on my different machines as I experiment with Calmira,
different configurations, etc.  One of the most efficient things I ever did
was do a "Network Install" from my original floppies to empty folders on my
hard drive, and then I burned the folder contents on a CD-R.  The Network
Install procedure de-compresses all the install files, so doing an install
now is blindingly quick!  Offhand, I think it's about 4 minutes to fully
install Win3.1 from the CD, and about 6 for WFW3.11.  Saves me a lot of
headaches and wasted time, not to mention disk-swapping...

            Bob

P.S. - Of course, it "helps" when the target machine has a CD reader.   :-)