<CT> Re: Linux Threads

  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:27:44 +0200

Am 08:06 20.05.2001 -0500 hat Ross Nelson geschrieben:

>>Now Install Netscape Communicator 6.0.
>
>LYNX!  LYNX!  LYNX!  LYNX!  LYNX!  LYNX!  LYNX!  :)  Hehehe.  I hate
>NutScrape...always have.  But, I use it over most things on Linux, not that
>I've been able to stay online for long.  Comp freezes with the modem in use.

Oh yeah !!! - doslynx.exe ;-))

It works great with Packet-Driver under plain-DOS

>Sweet!  I want to go to a school like that!  :)

I like to prevent all childeren in the World to use MS-Products.

>>The first Linux Version was developed by Linus Torwalds in 1978.
>
>*from linux.org...note the year he began work*
>Linux is an operating system that was initially created as a hobby by a
>young student, Linus Torvalds, at the University of Helsinki in Finland.
>Linus had an interest in Minix, a small UNIX system, and decided to develop
>a system that exceeded the Minix standards. He began his work in 1991 when
>he released version 0.02 and worked steadily until 1994 when version 1.0 of
>the Linux Kernel was released. The current full-featured version is 2.4
>(released January 2001) and development continues.

I have found a Letter on google.de and Linus had begun in 1987.
Note: 1978 was a mistyping.

>>not if MicroSchrott discontinue Win3x and
>>we need a new platform for Calmira   ;-))
>
>We don't _need_, we just want.

;-))

>>9)      GUI for Dos ???         Oh yes, it's SEAL !!!
>
>Gotta love SEAL!

;-)

Michelle