<CT> Re: Grrr...

  • From: Michael Lennartz <lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:06:00 +0100

Hallo Brian,

may be, this can help you:

1. Install another OS than DOS 6.22. I have two laptops, that don't
take DOS 6.22 at all. They run with MSDOS 5.0 and NovellDOS 7.0 very
well.

2. Use emm386.exe and smrtdrv from DOS, not from Win3.x

3. Under Win, use standard VGA-driver.

I always use two partitions, one for DOS, the second for applications
incl. windows. When DOS doesn't work (some times I like to play with
it), I simply delete the first partition and re-install DOS.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Regards / Saluton

Michael Lennartz
lennartz-mi@xxxxxxx
Fax: +49 89 244 34 52 57