<CT> Re: Grrr...

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:26:43 -0700 (MST)

Ok, so far, as per suggestions, I have disabled smartdrv, set both VGA
and VGA 3.0, even started up "bare" (without anything in config.sys or
autoexec.bat except for himem.sys)...

Nada. The most I get is now Windows flops back to the DOS prompt before
freezing.

One thing I guess I should clarify is _when_ it freezes. It is when
everything is on screen, for example when Calmira's tips dialog is
shown, or if I'm running PM, when that first open group is displayed. So
Windows loads, per se, but freezes the moment all the graphics are
loaded, whether the shell is Calmira, progman or winfile.

So I'm thinking graphics driver too. MSD says it's a Paradise video.

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden