<CT> Re: Calmira Funding

  • From: Erwin Dokter <e.dokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:33:47 +0200

Hi folks,

Now that calmira.org is gone, I see that Calmira still has many
passionate supporters :) I was already on the brink of applying for a
commercial web space, but it seems many of you have plenty of resources
catching dust.

From what I have read so far, Gaby has the space and the means to
register a domain; preferably calmira.org, which I'm positive Robin will
be happy to transfer to you. He already offered it to me before going
off-line.

I will try to contact Robin to have the domain transfered.

Since I also acted as co-webmaster, I have the whole site sitting on my
disk, sans the screenshots, so those are lost I'm afraid. Also all the
utilities by other people are lost, as I did not keep a copy of those.

So, as soon as the domain is back up, I can upload the site in minutes,
and keep it updated (if you will have me as webmaster).

If the dust settles, I am positive to have Calmira II 4.0 out by the end
of this year. A lot of work has already been done. The only major
difficulty is implementing long filenames, for which I can make *no*
promises...

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:e.dokter@xxxxxxx