<CT> Re: Calmira Funding

  • From: "Richard Hamilton-Frost" <rich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:31:42 +0100

hmm, Hosting Calmira on a 486 running IIS.. hmm and NT 3.51, Security,
Uptime, Crashability! are going to be a fundemental flaw in this plan!

I have ADSL 512/256.. Unlimited Bandwidth.. I host parts of two of my web
sites from here off of my RedHat server(s),

I dont put anything valueable on the servers, due to the connection not
being a valued one, if part of your ISP goes down, they don't really see it
a major problem initially, however if a server were to be colocated it would
be much more valuable to get the box(es) back onto the web as soon as
possible!

I have a UK colocated cobalt RaQ3 at my disposal with 20gb of disk space,
Its lease will be running out soon, (August), I will help with hosting files
until then, whereafter I move my sites to a new server of which I can help
hosting files, the server is colocated and runs at UK2, Let me know if my
services of hosting anything can be at hand!

Lets "try" and keep this going!

Regards

Richard