<CT> Re: A few questions from an amatuer

  • From: "Ken Yaksa - Derrick Limited" <yaksaken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:18:51 +0800

Hi Peter:

For MS-DOS communicaion program, there is quite a lots, my
favioute one is Telix 3.25, which included Zmodem, Xmodem &
Ymodem etc for files transferring.  I used it when I was using an
old 8088 IBM PC/XT to connect to other dial-up text based BBS 1x
years ago.  I pretty sure that there should have it for download
in some sites of Internet.

If you couldn't find it, I could send you one by Email.

For Windows 3.1, you sould try Procomm-Plus for Windows or Telix
for Windows (But I think both are little bit hard to find).  For
transfer rate upper than 9600bps, you need to update the comm.drv
of Windows 3.1, otherwise you won't get higher speed.  (Sorry,
forget the url location of the updated file, but I sure other
members in the list will do. :))

Hope the info could help you.

Best regards,
Ken Yaksa - Derrick Limited I.T. Dept.