[cad-linux] Re: test

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:04:53 -0800 (PST)

i have not purged it yet.
i think the problem is a dependency, but it still going.  i did find a few
problems last night, but none of them seemed to have fixed alien.

i'll try that tonight.  if it does not work then i guess we can try the tarball
approach.

thanks for the suggestions

> Did you try to reinstall alien by:
> apt-get --purge remove alien (--purge = removes all configuration files
> also)
> apt-get install alien
>
> Of course this doesn't help if there is a bug in the alien package, or in
> any of the packages that alien depends on, but it's worth a try.
>
> BTW, there is no open bugs in the testing alien version:
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/alien.html
> (But that doesn't of course prove that there isn't any bugs, you might
> have encountered an unknown bug.)
>

> Hmm... From the error you got:
> "Use of uninitialized value in die at /usr/share/perl5/Alien/Package/Deb.pm
> line 484."
> ...Maybe there is something wrong with your perl installation?
>

> Tomas
>
> PS
> I did try to convert the tomcad-base-0.3-0.rpm package with alien myself,
> just to test the conversion, and it went without errors. But this was on
> a Woody system.
> DS

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com