[cad-linux] Re: test

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:41:34 -0800 (PST)

I'm currently running a minimulist install of Debian sarge at about 650mb.
this is probably part of my problem.  there is a missed dependency somewhere.
that's why they call it testing.

a tar ball would be fine as long as you include a list(ascii text) of
dependencies and where your systems is looking for them.  piping ldd to a file
would probably suffice.  don't kill yourself.  my problem with alien is
something that i need to fix anyway.  i'd downloaded the rpm of one of the
recent lx-viewer rpms and it is suffering the same fate.

i'll let you know if i get this working.

--- Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What version of Debian do you run? I do have 3.0r0 cd's, but a severe lack
> of diskspace has prevented a debian installation.
> Thats why there are no Debian packages. I could fix my diskspace problems
> and do a build on a Debian system.
> Unfortunatly, I have no idea how to build Debian packages. Would gzipped
> tarballs be ok? Or better, do you know
> some kind of a "dummies guide to building debian packages"?
>
> Bye,
> Thomas

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com