[bulug] Ubuntu Installation

  • From: Lauren Groves <grover323@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:35:00 -0500

Hi BULUG!
I stopped by the BU Linux Users Group
table at the activities expo and am really interested in learning more
about Linux and as an alternative to a Windows OS. I scheduled an
appointment with the IT Help Center next Friday to have my laptop
reformatted and the guy I talked to (luke) said they can partition the
hard drive so I can install an alternative o/s (he recommended ubuntu?)

As an opportunity to build up some good Karma I was wondering
if any of you kind-hearted BULUG peeps would be willing to talk with me
for a few minutes before this Friday to get more information as to how
working on a Linux OS will work (pros, cons, and ideally take a peek at
what it looks like if you have it running??) I'm pretty self-sufficient
but was also hoping I could connect with someone who might I could
reach out to to actually get the Linux OS up and running?

:)

~Lauren