[boot scriptor] Re: Some Questions

  • From: Daniel Guelleken <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:55:34 +0100

Am 09.01.03 21:11:00, schrieb "Doctor xp" <doctor_xp@xxxxxxx>:

> [...]

Ok Thats right...

>> 1

>Hmm, ISOLinux isn't actually an alternate emulation method, it just
>initiates the BIOS built-in floppy emulation, the problem is that the
>implementation of Bootable CD specification is very bad in most BIOSes, this
>is one of the original reasons we started the MultiBoot CDs projects.
>My opinion, don't bother playing with ISOLinux, and just try to suit your
>needs with both DiskEmu and MemDisk.

Ok the point ist that Bootcds with only one Image is loading much faster.

Diskemu abd Memdisk are as far as i know Emulations of a Floppy.

Isolinux uses the Bios internal Floppy emulation (witch seems to work
propperly, else a single image CD wouldnt
boot that fast ?)

3.

>You are using Mkisofs 1.15a27 or erlier, try using Mkisofs 1.15a40 it
>supports a new paramater '-joliet-long', this allows the extra long Joliet
>filenames.
>If you can't find the updated version, download BCD 1.1.1 from
>www.nu2.nu/bcd/ and get the mkisofs.exe executable from the bin folder.
>
>The CD uses non-standard joliet extensions that permits 127 characters (I
>donna know, maybe the full 254 characters), but they are part of the Joliet
>standard.
>
>BTW: This release solves the same problem in ERD Commander 2002 (which is
>based on the same WinPE environment discussed above).

Thanks!

I will try out !
I knew that this would be no fault so ask this in this list.

BTW: ERD-Commander is a nice tool if someone has forgotten his Password.
I Implemented it to my own WinPE, actually the original ERD-Commander is
nothing else than a Win PE with some
extra Tools.
I dont know why, but with ERD-Commander i cant starts WindowsCommander (and
Explorer alternative) for example,
but with my modified Win PE i can do so!

Thanks and bye, i will tell if it has worked.

bye!