[boot scriptor] Re: Some Questions

  • From: "Michael K Ter Louw" <mterlouw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:33:35 -0600

Hi guys,

Thanks, Doctor XP, for taking the time to help with this.

> > ig get the error massage "Cannot load disk image (Invalid File)"

Isolinux will return this error if your disk image is not an allowable
size (1.2Mb, 1.44Mb, or 2.88Mb), or if the image's boot sector does not
appear bootable (boot signature 0xAA55 not found).  So I think the
problem lies in your disk image.

> > 2.
> > I own a laptop that boots with bootscriptor but it takes endless to
> > boot a Floppy image (several minutes), it happens with Memdisk and
> > with Diskemu

I would have to have the hardware in front of me to be able to test
this.  Sorry, I have no idea what could be the problem.  Since it
happens with both Memdisk and Diskemu, I would have to guess that again
the problem may be in the boot code located in the disk image.

Mike