[boot scriptor] Some Questions

  • From: Daniel Guelleken <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:29:37 +0100

Hi!

Till now im just reading but now i think it is time to ask some questions
(hoped someone els had the same
problem)

1.
I have read the discussions about the use of isolinux for loading diskimages,
but somehow it does not work for me.

Example:

My floppy images are in /floppys so if i type in "Isolinux /floppys/toms.img"
ig get the error massage "Cannot load disk image (Invalid File)"

The same happens if i copy the image to the Isolinux directory and type
isolionux toms.img.

This happens with all of my images.

I want to try the Isolinux Disk emulation because Diskemu does not work with
all of my Diskimages, Memdisk works with all my Images but it does not work on
every computer.

2.
I own a laptop that boots with bootscriptor but it takes endless to boot a
Floppy image (several minutes), it happens with Memdisk and with Diskemu also,
i were not able to test with Isolinux.

Is there a way to (maybe) find out what makes the booting take so long?

The Bios of that laptop is a "MobilePro" or something, i can write down exactly
if it may help?

3.
This is maybe a little bit OFF-Topic but i will ask anyway:
I want to create a (Boot)CD that has files on it that have really long
filenames of about 100 Chars.
As soon as i have figured out MKISOFS only allows a Maximum of 37 Characters
for filenames.

I already burned this CD with a Microsoft tool called "Oscdimg.exe"
Whis is able to create this Image, but it is a Win XP executable and does not
work under Win 95, 98, ME.

I dont know how this program makes the ISO, but the CD is Readable on every
Windows Computer with the full long Filenames.

I Know that this CD Cant use Joilet for Filenames, but what is it using
instead?

By the way: This CD is Windows PE (Preinstallation Enviroment) witch is a mini
windows Based on the Windows XP Kernel and it can run from a CD, it is onla ca.
150 MB big.

Hope you forgive me my bad English.

Its nice to be in this List ;-)

bye!