[brailleblaster] Re: Word Processing Features: Re: Re: two lists?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 03:28:03 -0600

liblouisutdml has support for markingg italic, bold and underline fonts
in braille. These were requested by ViewPlus for TSS.  liblouisutdml
also supports special marking for computer braille. BrailleBlaster
should have s particular font for this purpose. Since these four are the
only ones that are supported in braille, that is all that BrailleBlaster
should have. We might also include versions of these fonts of different
sizes, however.

John

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 04:12:02PM -0600, qubit wrote:
> how would the braille window represent a change in font?  Or would it
> completely ignore it, thus losing the information conveyed by the font
> change?
> I think the handling of font -- even just on the print side -- should be
> handled carefully.  For one thing, I think that the representation of a font
> on the screen may already be supported by some interface -- tables and
> images, etc).  Rather than rush off and implement it by hand I think someone
> (did I volunteer?) should search for existing code.
>
> Then in transcribing into braille, maybe the important thing to preserve in
> the formatted braille is that there was a change in font for a block of
> text, thus setting it apart.
>
> Again, I may be showing my inexperience in braille transcription -- JohnB,
> what does liblouisutdml do with font changes?
> --le

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com