[brailleblaster] Re: Running BB on a Mac

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 01:36:35 -0500

Hi Hanxiao,

The tarballs that you downloaded use Gnu autotools for installation. Use
the command

tar xfz filename

To uncompress them and create a directory. Install pkgconfig first. go
to the directory and type configure then make Use sudo to get root
permissions and type make install. return to your normal user login.
Install liblouis, then liblouisutdml. Go to /usr/local/lib and copy
liblouis.dylib and liblouisutdml.dylib into the native/lib subdirectory
of your BrailleBlaster directory.

Hope this helps.
John

John J. Boyer, Executive Director