[bookshare-discuss] Re: question about scanning

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:20:25 -0500

Hi there. I'm not sure what kind of scanner you have, but on average, it takes about 20 seconds or so to scan a page, sometimes faster or slower, depending on the scanner and software. Also, if you have a relatively thick book, sometimes it can just take a while to scan. If I scan a book non-stop from start to finish, it takes me about an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on the number of pages in the book. Please don't let this discourage you. Smiles. The only other thing I can suggest is to buy a faster scanner than what you might currently have. There are many good and fast ones out there, and very affordable too.

Shane
At 04:28 PM 9/6/2007, you wrote:
Hi!

I am new here, but have been with Bookshare for two years now. I literally have hundreds of books to scan, but find that it takes me too long to scan just one book. Is there a faster way for me to do it? It could be that my scanner is too slow or that I am not doing this right. My scans are pretty good....most of it is clear and concise. Please let me know how I can do this in a faster manner.

Thanks a bunch,

Maithe
<mailto:maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx