[bookshare-discuss] Re: Wishlist

  • From: "duane iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:07:56 -0500

The book was on RFB and D.
I read it back in the mid 70s. Josh did Evidence that demands a verdict which is
proofs of the bible. I imagine it has been updated since then. He also did More
Evidence that Demands a Verdict which primarily deals with Higher Criticism I/E
Abraham Boltzmann ETC. If you were a theology student this might be a good read.
If not, find C. S. Lewis's essay on Higher Criticism.
The title is
MODERN THEOLOGY AND BIBLICAL CRITICISM and the essay is in the book Christian Reflections which is up on bookshare.

The Essay is five pages and says about everything that needs to be said.

I had already slogged through hundreds of pages or rather listened to many hours of the RFB and D recording. This children was back before the invention of speech compression When a 90-minute tape took 90 minutes.

Evidence that Demands a verdict is quite interesting. More Evidence is probably a waste of time unless you are in theology classes. But anyway Here is just a small taste of Lewis's essay.

.

"the Biblical critics, whatever reconstructions they devise, can never be crudely proved wrong. St Mark is dead. When they meet St Peter there will be more pressing matters to discuss." ----- Original Message ----- From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>